1. Can you name all 11 golf major winners who have a Z in their names?
Azinger, Janzen, Di Vinzenzo, Olazabel, Zoeller, Oosthuizen, Schwartzel, Zach Johnson, Mize, Sarazen, ….and Vic Ghezzi (1941 US Open – big bonus print if you got that one).
2. Play off major losers who have lost twice or more in play offs.
• PGA 1978, Masters 1979 and Open 2009 – Tom Watson
• US Open 1984, Masters 1987, Open 1989 and PGA 1993 – Greg Norman
• US Open 1994, PGA 1995 – Colin Montgomerie
3. There have been 7 South African golf major winners. Name them? (there might be 8 but we can argue about that later)
Gary Player, Reitif Goosen, Bobby Locke, Charles Schwartzel, Ernie Els, Trevor Immelman, Louis Oosthuizen, …and possibly Nick Price who is Zimbabwean but is included in the South African Hall of fame.
4. Who finished runner up to the following Open champions.
• Shane Lowry 2019 Royal Portrush – Tommy Fleetwood
• Louis Oosthuizen 2010 St Andrews – Lee Westwood
• Padraig Harrington 2008 Royal Birkdale – Ian Poulter
• Tiger Woods 2005 St Andrews – Colin Montgomerie
5. Who did Mark O Meara beat in a play off to win the Open in 1998 at Royal Birkdale ? Brian Watts
6. Which is the longest Open Championship course and which is the shortest?
Longest Carnoustie 7,402 yards, shortest Royal lytham 7,118 yards
7. When Tommy Fleetwood missed the cut at Bay Hill last month, his run of 33 consecutive cuts on the PGA Tour came to an end. This had been the PGA’s longest active streak. However the record for consecutive cuts is held by Tiger Woods at how many? 142
8. Name the three Danish golfers have played in the Ryder Cup? Thomas Bjorn, Thorbjorn Olesen, Soren Hansen
9. What do the courses Wentworth, Muirfield and Ganton have in common? All hosted the Ryder Cup
10. Name the 4 left handed golfers to have won a major championship? Mike Weir, Bubba Watson, Phil Mickelson, Bob Charles
..and a bonus
11. Name the 4 golfers who have been knighted? Nick Faldo, Henry Cotton, Bob Charles and Dame Laura Davies
42 points total including the bonus.