In commemoration of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee in 1897, John Angus designed the original 12 hole course which was then extended to the full 18 at the turn of the century. Local son, Willie Auchterlonie made some alterations to the course in 1946 and then David Steel made signficant changes in 1988 to upgrade the course to championship standard.
The Jubilee is located on a narrow strip of prime links land between the New Course and St. Andrews bay. It's a more conventional design without double greens but its elevated tees give some of the best views on a golf course anywhere in the world overlooking historic St. Andrews, the sea and the other courses.
St. Andrews is only 12 miles from Elie and takes just under 20 minutes to reach by car.
6742 yards, par 72
For more information visit the St. Andrews Links Trust